This is John and Jana Taylor’s 1926 10-26 Tourer (at Anderton Boat Lift in July 2014) who they fondly call George after George Singer who founded the Singer Company in 1875. Little is known of its history except that it was owned for two years in the early 1950s by a London solicitor, Sir Simeon Bull, who recalls that he had it maintained by a garage in Streatham run by Bill Cameron who operated at the ‘sawdust in the sump’ end of the market, which may explain why the car came to be in a pretty poor state. When George was restored in 1979 by Gerry Barr’s workshop in Fordingbridge, its original maroon and black colours were changed to smoke grey and black. George then had owners in Hampshire, Dorset and Frome, Somerset from whence John and Jana bought him in 1993. The drawing of George (below)
was by artist Richard Wheatland.